After much thinking I have decided to make this blog private. Meaning you will have to provide me with your email address if you want to continue reading about our adventures. I have set up a new public blog at http://www.letthembelittleforever.blogspot.com/ that I will be posting to still, just not with pics of us or our names to protect our privacy. Also if you could please not list our last name on your blog if you are linking to us I would really appreciate it. I will be completing this change on May 3rd so you have until then to either post here (I recieve the posts before they are published so I will get your email but it wont be viewed by anyone else) or you can email me or Rob at our emails. Thanks so much!
In answer to a few of the questions I have recieved, no nothing in particular happened to make me change my mind but after a few months of feeling uneasy I figured it must be time to make the change. Thank you for all those of you who have thought it was a good idea, it really has been a hard decision to make. I will be putting most of the links on this blog on the new blog too for those of you who were wondering.
We decided to try a recipe that I got from http://www.raisingcountrykids.com/2008/04/moms-best-cookies.html. Little Millie from next door was here so it was fun to make cookies with three under three. They were really yummy. Trying to save time I was cracking eggs directly into the mixer and of course dropped the entire egg in so I got to start all over.
Zachary was so excited by the mixer.
Eating chocolate chips.
If you are in our local area check out this blog and enter your kids for her model search. Wouldnt that be fun! http://mindyyoungphotography.blogspot.com/2008/04/model-search.html
Here are 6 facts/habits about me:
1. I tie my shoes weird. My grandpa taught me the two bunny ear method and I have stuck with it. I can do the bunny through the bunny hole method but it doesnt come very easy to me.
2. I am a grump until I take a shower and wash my hair, I am okay for a few hours in the morning until Zachary naps but if I dont get a shower by noon I am not a happy camper.
3. I cant stand for the two way light switches to be up when the light is off, I will turn the light on and then off with the other switch to fix it.
4. I have a really sensitive sense of smell, I cant stand the smell of varnish, paint, garbage that has been in the can a little to long, curry, and a few other things. Rob calls it my super sense and it is the worst when I am pregnant. With Olivia I couldnt go near potatoes, they smelled so bad.
5. I hate calling people on the phone, it gives me major anxiety to pick up the phone and call anyone.
6. I pick at the sides of my finger nails, it is an awful and painful habit that only stopped when I had acrylic nails back in the day.
Okay all you who read this be brave and answer this on your blog!
April 22nd Earth Day and Girl Scout Leader Appreciation Day
April 23rd Administrative Professional’s Day and Home Run Day, Hank Aaron hits his first home run in 1954, and International Sing Out Day and William Shakespeare’s Birthday, born in 1564.
April 24th Pigs-in-a-Blanket Day and Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day. And in our family its Aunty Jen’s birthday!
April 25th Anzac Day and Arbor Day and National Telephone Day
April 26th Hug a Friend Day and National Pretzel Day
April 27th Tell a Story Day and Walter Lantz’s Birthday, the creator of Woody Woodpecker.
April 28th Poetry Reading Day
April 29th Zipper Day, modern zipper invented by Gideon Sindback in 1917.
April 30th National Honesty Day, George Washington inaugurated as first US president in 1789.
Olivia loves this dvd, it has really helped her with her letter recognition. There are also a few for learning your words. Plus I dont find it annoying to watch or listen to which cant be said for all kid’s videos.
The kids love these Lil Crunchies, I bought two cans for our vacation and a day later they had eaten them all. The best thing is they dont make too much of a mess.
These are seriously amazing. I put one in with every load of wash and it is so crazy to see the color that it picks up.
In case you were wondering its not a good idea to give Zachary a blue licorice. Unless you want a sticky little smurf to clean up.
Zachary thinks that cardboard is yummy. While we were shopping the other day he chewed this hole in the pasta box. Crazy kid!